Freelance Music Practitioner
Location: Based in Glasgow, projects in various locations throughout Scotland
Pay: £75 - £160 per day dependent on experience and role (self employed)
Hours: Contracted on a project by project basis
Report to: Creative Director and the board
Application notes: For the full job description and person specification of this role please click here.
Closing Date: Friday 10th May 2019
Who we are
Hear My Music is a Scottish charity (SC048278) enabling people with Complex Needs and/or Autism to express themselves as individuals through inclusive participant-led music making.
We are based in Glasgow and currently deliver projects all over Scotland. Our projects include:
- Long-term school projects
- Short break service projects
- Large scale multi-service projects
- School inclusion projects
- Weekly community-based music making sessions
- Long-term work with individuals
- Adult community music classes
- Staff training for councils, schools and short break centres
All our work is led by the key core principle, that individuals with complex needs have little control over their immediate environment, but when given an opportunity to express themselves and be fully listened to by influencing and controlling their musical environment, they find their voice, express themselves and are truly ‘heard’.
- It is the participants working within HMM that control and lead the creative music making process
- HMM focuses on the musicianship of all participants - the abilities and skills and not the disability.
- Consistency is key – we work with our participants for as long as they identify they want to and when possible always with the same HMM staff members
The difference that has been made to individuals’ lives has been well documented, many project participants and their families noting that the bespoke service that HMM can provide has opened up abilities that they didn’t have awareness of. HMM is committed to providing an environment for people to be listened to, giving people who can struggle to be heard the time and space to develop their abilities in the way that best suits them.